LIST OF COUNTRIES WHOSE NATIONALS DO NOT REQUIRE TO PAY FOR A VISA TO ENTER UGANDA:
Angola, Antigua, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Burundi, Comoros, Cyprus, Eritrea, Fiji, Gambia, Grenada, Italy (Diplomatic Passport holders only), Jamaica, Ireland, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Malta, Mauritius, Madagascar, Rwanda, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Solomon Islands, St. Vincent and Grenadines, Swaziland, Tanzania, Tonga, Vanuatu, Zambia, Botswana and Zimbabwe.
Nationals of the countries above are issued gratis (free of charge) visas upon their arrival.
The Visa Section at the Uganda High Commission in Pretoria –South Africa is open to the public from Monday to Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 Hrs. The period for processing a visa application is one working day (i.e. 24 hours and collection is on the next working day between 14 Hrs and 15 Hrs). Applications for visas may be submitted by snail mail or in person. A stamped, self addressed and registered envelope must be included with applications submitted by snail mail. Please note that the visa fee is non-refundable.
Applicants are advised to submit their completed Visa application form for EACH applicant well in advance of the proposed date of departure.
VISA APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR:
A. ALL PASSPORTS (INCLUDING DIPLOMATIC PASSPORT HOLDERS):
1. One duly filled Visa application form by each applicant.
2. One passport size photograph attached to each application form.
3. Passport valid for at least six months from the proposed date of entry.
4. Correct visa fee (ZAR 1,000 for single
entry visa). All fees should be paid in the Bank Account of Uganda High Commission
5. Letter of invitation/introduction, if traveling on business.
6. Applicants may be requested to submit additional supporting documentation.
Single entry visa:
A Single entry visa is valid for three months (90 days) from the date
of issue and costs ZAR 1,000.
Visa fees must be paid in the Bank Account of Uganda High Commission, on submission of visa application. Please note that the visa fee is non-refundable.
Please note that failure to complete the Visa application form fully may delay the issuance of the visa or it may be denied.
Multiple entry visa:
Multiple entry visas (12 months, 24 months & 36 months) can be applied for on line; or at the Ministry of Internal Affairs Headquarters, Kampala. Information on these other categories can be also be got on the Ministry of Internal Affairs’ website:
IMMIGRATION INFORMATION FOR INTENDING VISITORS TO UGANDA
1. Uganda Entry visas may be obtained on line, at Uganda missions abroad or on arrival at the country’s exit /entry stations.
2. Entry should be made only through the country’s gazetted ports of entry/exit.
3. Every visitor will be required to carry a passport with validity beyond six months.
4. All arriving visitors will be required to fill in arrival declaration cards on arrival. The cards are available at the arrival lounge.
5. No arriving visitor should carry or convey substances or goods prohibited by customs. (Contact Uganda Revenue Authority website: www.ura.go.ug for details on prohibited substances under the “Customs Tax Guides” tab).
6. Visitors should not overstay their visa validity otherwise they will be subjected to a fine and other appropriate legal action.
7. Where visitors seek to stay longer than the period granted on arrival, extension of the period should be sought from the Immigration Headquarters in Kampala before expiry of the initial visitor’s pass.
8. All visitors must comply with immigration legislation and other national laws of Uganda during their stay in Uganda.
Please visit the Ministry of Internal Affairs’ website: http://www.immigration.go.ug for information on how to apply for:
1. Work permits
· Class A (Government Diplomatic Service)
· Class A2 (Government Contracts)
· Class B (investment in Agriculture)
· Class C (Mining)
· Class D(Business and Trade)
· Class E (Manufacturers)
· Class F (Professional)
· Class G 1 (volunteers, NGO workers, Missionaries)
· Class G 2 (Employees)
· Change of employment
2. Certificate of residence
3. Dependant pass
Return to the Home page of Uganda High Commission in Pretoria.