INFORMATION FOR APPLICANTS
NB: Any fees deposited is not refundable.
A. RENEWAL OF PASSPORT
1. Applicant should obtain Passport application Form G and any other information from the nearest Immigration Office or download on the Immigration website: www.immigration.go.ug
2. Fill in the form in clear handwriting
3. The applicant should then visit any URA revenue collection bank and pay passport fees. The Passport costs Uganda Shillings UGX 250,000 for normal applications or UGX 400,000 for Express applications (UGX 250,000 for Ordinary Passports and UGX 150,000 for Express Processing making the total of UGX400,000), UGX 400,000 for Official Passports and UGX 500,000 for Diplomatic Passports. All fees are exclusive of bank charges.
4. You will be issued with a bank receipt which you will attach on your application.
5. File your documents in a manila file folder and present them IN PERSON to the receiving officers at the Passport Receiving Section at the Ministry of Internal Affairs or your nearest Passport Control Office or the Regional Immigration Office. A receiving Slip will be issued to you indicating your receiving code and file number.
Warning: Avoid Middlemen or Kayungirizi. Applications submitted by Middlemen will not be accepted/received.
6. Collect your passport in Person after ten working days (normal passport applications) or two (2)working days (for Express Passport Applications) from the point where you submitted the application, unless advised otherwise by an Immigration Officer. You will be required to present your Receiving Slip and identifications at the time of collecting your passport at the Passport Delivery Office.
Please note that passports may be renewed six months before the expiry date.